Testing and Proctoring is an authorized Public Safety Testing Testing Center located in Colorado Springs, CO..
Please visit https://www.publicsafetytesting.com/outofstate for instructions on how to set up a test.
- You must complete Steps 1 - 3 on the webpage in order for your exam date to be approved.
- PST will need at least two weeks notice to set up your testing.
There are two fees associated with taking the exam:
- First fee: The cost of the Law Enforcement/Firefighter/EMT/Dispatcher exam that you will pay to Public Safety Testing.
- Candidates will pay and register for the exam on the Public Safety Testing (PST) website AFTER an exam date has been scheduled and has been confirmed with PST and AcuSkill.
- Second fee: The cost of the proctoring fee AcuSkill charges for each PST exam.
- Firefighter Exam Paper-based exam Time length: 3 hours and 15 minute
- King County Medic One EMT Exam Paper-based exam Time length: 2 hours
- Dispatcher Exam Paper-based exam with audio portion Time length: 2 hours 40 minutes
Important: You must complete the Typing Test prior to taking your written exam. The minimum passing score on the typing test is 35 WPM with a 90% accuracy rate. Some agencies require a higher WPM rate of 40 WPM or 45 WPM with 90% accuracy rate. Please check each agency's profile to view their typing test score requirement.
What to bring with you on exam day:
Valid government-issue photo ID (Driver's license, Military ID, Passport, etc.).
Arriving for Your Appointment
- You should arrive at AcuSkill at least 15 minutes prior to the time of your scheduled exam.
- Candidates who fail to appear for the examination or arrive at the test center more than 15 minutes late for their appointment will not be permitted to test. A complete scheduling/proctoring fee will be required to reschedule.
- Do not bring anything with aside from the required items needed to verify your identity.
- Items bought to the test center for use during your exam must be on the notification we received from the instructor/company.
- Medical related items are permitted if needed during your examination.
- Do not bring backpacks or large purses, while we do have lockers, they will not hold large items.
- Do not bring food or drinks.
- They are not allowed in the test room or the lockers.
- We have a water cooler in the waiting room.
- During the checkout process, when prompted, use the Paypal Payment option to pay for the Exam Sitting Fee (Proctor/Booking Fee).
- If the proctor fee is not paid during checkout, then your seat is not reserved.
- ***NO CANCELLATION POLICY: When a candidate schedules an exam sit time at center, that seat is fully reserved for that candidate and is not available for other candidates. At the time of reservation, that specific time and date is taken out of the scheduling and registration system. Because of this we does not allow cancellations.
- You may reschedule your exam through the online scheduling system, 24 hours / 7 days a week, up to 48 hours prior to the start of your exam.
- You must give at least a 48 HOUR NOTICE in order to reschedule.
- Rescheduling an exam time less than 48 hours prior to the start of your scheduled time is subject to a forfeiture of the proctoring fee.
- Proctoring fees are due and are non-refundable and non-transferable for no-shows.
Testing and Proctoring Center
Select Services and Schedule to get the best Facilities.