There are two fees associated with taking a DSST exam:
- First Fee: The cost of the DSST exam that you will pay to DSST. Candidates will need to bring a credit/debit card with them as this fee will be paid when you sit down at the computer to take your test, unless your exam will be DANTES-Funded.
- Second Fee: Testing and Proctoring Center charges an Exam Sitting Fee (Proctor/Booking Fee) for each DSST exam taken at our facility, unless your exam will be DANTES-Funded.
Candidates will have to pay the DSST exam fee (bring credit/debit card with you) and Testing and Proctoring Center proctor fee (see calendar below) when retaking any DSST exam.
What are DSST exams?
DSST exam are basically college credit by examination.
- Exams are offered in more than 30 subjects
- All exams have been evaluated and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE)
- DSST exams used to be called DANTES
- Credits are accepted by over 1,900 institutions
- Exams are offered at over 1,200 institutions
- As low as $85 per exam (plus proctor fees)
I am currently in the military, are the exam fees covered?
As an active duty, guard or reserve military member, your first attempt on any DSST exam is funded by DANTES. The proctor fee, usually charged by Testing and Proctoring Center, is waived on your first attempt.
When booking an exam date and time on the calendar below, you will choose the DSST Exam (DANTES Funded).
I am a Military Veteran, can I get reimbursed?
Veterans eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill can be reimbursed for DSST exams. DSST is an approved VA National Testing Program.
What is the exam fee and duration?
- The test fee for each title starts at US$85.00, which is only payable by credit card and is a non-refundable expense.
- You will have up to two hours to complete an examination.
How are my results sent to my College?
- For most DSST exams, your results will be made available to you at the test center after your examination has been completed.
- You must provide the correct college code at the time of registration in order to have your official scores sent to the college of your choice.
- The Institutional Score Report Recipient must contain a valid DSST ID or the report will NOT be printed and mailed and will result in a $30 transcript fee. Valid DSST IDs can be found at Credit-Awarding Institution.
What is the Retake policy?
- If you do not obtain a satisfactory score, you may retake the same exam title 90-days after your last attempt.
- f you attempt to take a DSST exam title before the waiting period has passed, either online or paper, your scores for this examination will be considered invalid, and Prometric will notify the credit-granting institution.
- Active Duty Military Candidates – Effective 11, December 2010, DANTES does not fund retesting on a previously funded DSST exam title. You may personally fund a retest of the same title.
What to bring with you on assessment day?
- You must bring a valid, non-expired, photo ID (Drivers license, Military ID, Passport etc.).
- The First and Last names on your ID must match the First and Last names in your registered account.
- Small deviations, such as Dave instead of David are allowed.
- Candidates do not have to bring a 4-function calculator for the Applied Mathematics test. One will be provided by Testing and Proctoring Center.
- Candidates will be provided with the official WorkKeys Applied Mathematics Formula Sheet as seen
Click here to get started.
Can I register and pay for the exam before I arrive to take it?
- Exam registrations for an actual DSST examination are done at the test center.
- The first time you sign up for a DSST examination, you have to register as a First Time User, regardless of whether or not you registered for a practice examination previously.
- The practice exams and actual DSST examinations are completely separate.
- During the checkout process, when prompted, use the Paypal Payment option to pay for the Exam Sitting Fee (Proctor/Booking Fee).
- If the proctor fee is not paid during checkout, then your seat is not reserved.
- **NO CANCELLATION POLICY: When a candidate schedules an exam sitting time at Testing and Proctoring Center, that seat is fully reserved for that candidate and is not available for other candidates. At the time of reservation, that specific time and date are taken out of the scheduling and registration system. Because of this Testing and Proctoring Center does not allow cancellations.
- You may reschedule your exam through the online scheduling system, 24 hours / 7 days a week, up to 48 hours prior to the start of your exam.
- You must give at least a 48 HOUR NOTICE in order to reschedule.
- Rescheduling an exam time less than 48 hours prior to the start of your scheduled time is subject to a forfeiture of the proctoring fee.
- Proctoring fees are due and are non-refundable and non-transferable for no-shows.
Testing and Proctoring Center
Select Services and Schedule to get the best Facilities.